Monday 18 June 2007

16-06-2007 Slimming World Summer Ball 2007
















Went to the Slimming World Summer Ball at the ICC Birmingham on Saturday. First big do I've been to where I've not had a drop of alcohol. Brilliant, it was, great speeches, great entertainment, great food, great night out. Part of the charity fund-raising was the opportunity to get your picture on a mock-up OK magazine cover - for a fiver you couldn't go wrong, so had some of that - see above. What was really cool about that though was the fact that the camera the guy had was on a wireless LAN and the picture was already in a pc at the back of the room before we had chance to get anywhere near a printout!!






Also since I look pretty much okay in the picture I though I'd put a 'before' picture up so there's one of me and the good lady in Mallorca in October 2006. Since mid-Feb this year I've made a four stone difference to the way I look through a combo of Slimming World, 100+ miles a week on the bike and a no-alcohol regime - am I chuffed - you bet I am!!















1 comment:

FrankK said...

Paul, thanks for leaving the comment on my blog. Your doing really well, think where you'll be when the first anniversary of your new lifstyle comes up.
The way your going it won't be the Summer Ball your going to but the final of the Slimmer of the Year.
Keep up the good work and treat yourself to that new bike you want (prefably a carbon fibre one).
Regards,
Frank.

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam