Sunday 27 April 2008

Why does it always rain on me...

Biking - went out on super fast Giant FCR1, did four miles and got another bloomin puncture in rear tyre, this bike seems to be cursed at the mo. Have ordered two 700x25 Continental ultra-gatorskin tyres which are supposed to be puncture proof... We'll see ...


Weight Update - haven't been to Janet's group for a fortnight due to work and holiday commitments bit of a mistake as according to our electronic bathroom scales I'm a pound up at 14st 12.5lbs which would be more with my shoes on.

2008 Goals - Read More! Read the autobiography of Dave Lee Roth (ex/current? singer of Van Halen), love his attitude which is essentially over the top is just enough. Great read if you're a fan of VH it might put you off the brothers a wee bit, it's called "Crazy in the heat".

Golf Update: solid golf again, played one over my handicap and in general played bloomin good, two doubles, both on par 5s, first on 8th (easiest hole on course) after finding a bunker and on 17th after being middle of fairway with a hundred yards to go after two and then bunging a 9-iron into the greenside bunker - does my head in. Parred 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 13th, bogied the other eleven. Ended up with 87 for a nett 72, should have been at least four shots lower, at least. Anyway solid play again, four or five mistakes cost me dear, ought to have done better with putter on last few holes - hadn't noticed how much the greens had sped up as the sun dried em which cost me at least two shots. Overall though, am happy.

Glorious Saturday, sh**ty Sunday. How come it always rains when I got 18 holes to do on the course? Not bloomin on. President's putter competition today but at least everyone else has same weather to contend with I suppose. Not enjoyable golf when it rains though.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam