Saturday 26 April 2008

The weekend starts here...

In the golf bag at the moment is the following setup:
  • MacGregor MacTec NVG 9.5 Driver, quadura stiff shaft.
  • Callaway Steelhead+ 3 wood, stiff steel shaft
  • Tour Edge f4 5 wood, reg shaft
  • Tour Edge jmax 3 iron-wood hybrid
  • TaylorMade LCG 5-9irons, FM Precision Reg steel shafts
  • Cleveland 588 49 degree sp pitching wedge, 53 degree gap wedge, 56 degree sand wedge, all stiff shaft
  • Odyssey DF660 putter




Evening update- 'Horton hears a who' was good fun, it's put on by the Ashbourne Empire Cinema Club, basically a mobile cinema screen is brought in, a whopping great projector goes on the stage and they put chairs out for folks. Was very good and deserves a bit more support - I reckon there were about 40-50 folks watching it at £3 a pop could be better I think. We'll go again for sure.

Got a letter from the loss adjustors - they say they're not going to pay out. The council inspected the road on 02/01/2008 and I has the accident on 23/01/2008 so the council did there bit. The 3 foot plus long pothole just appeared overnight it would appear. Not sure what I'm going to do about it at this stage.

Six miles run before breakfast (just short of thirty miles for five days running is not bad), spoke to me mum last night and said someone at work gets pain n chest sometimes running into wind and me mum says that me dad says its something to do with breathing through mouth and the air being too cold when it hits your lungs. Apparently breathing through nose warms the air a little bit or something, so I tried a combo of that and a slower pace and everything ticker-ty boo today.

Am off to see 'Horton hears a who' or something at Ashbourne Empire Club later, it used to be a cinema and they do a family screening every so often so we thought we ought to support it. Golf tomorrow, had hoped to change the days around so I could do a big bike ride for British Heart Foundation tomorrow but couldn't as someone put their name down at our time and don't like letting folks down. N'er mind.

Left work early to get a Wii Fit yesterday - bloomin sold out when I got there. When you getting more stock? says I, could be tomorrow, could be three weeks says Tesco customer support. That's useful isn't it. Is it typical Nintendo marketing stategy - constrict supply and keep the price nice and high?? There's no excuse for it really when products been available in other markets since mid-2007. Very poor, but will still get one!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you attempting to make a claim against the councils insurers, or is it your own insurance? And what are you claiming for?

Paul said...

My claim was for damages and two days missed at work due to the accident. I hit a pothole that shouldn't have been there, they said we checked it three weeks before this 3fts pot x 1ft pothole appeared, loss adjustors say therefore it's not our fault. I think their case is too solid even though whoever checked the road couldn't have checked it very hard in my opinion.

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam