Friday 11 April 2008

Daft bats in the Belfry

Brabazon - wet but good. It hacked it down with rain on us but did it grind us down?? Well maybe a bit. None of us broke a hundred, I did 63 for front nine!! but when rain laid off us a bit I managed a more creditable 46 coming back in. The pic below is the 10th which is the hole that big hitters drive especially in the fourballs during the Ryder Cup. I hit a fairway wood to more or less where it says 190 at the front of that bunker shaped like a 3 with a bit underneath it. Then hit a three quarter 9-iron into the brook beyond the the bridge, then hit the same shot but onto dry land and two-putted for a six. I'd recommend playing the Brabazon to anyone, for a championship course it's well playable even for mid/high handicappers. Prices are a bit steep though at £70/round, if you can find offers though or get a corporate freebie definitely do it!. I got me dad a Mars at the half way refreshements shop (bottom right of pic below)- 75p, how much? 75p!!! Inflation has hit the West Midlands far harder than Derbyshire so far!!


This map of the course layout would have been darned helpful, more than once balls found water when we didn't realise there was water to be found! What is rather good though is that your scorecard is printed with that number of yards the flag is from the front of the green! I was well impressed with that but a course layout would have been more useful for us!



Playing golf with me dad and uncle Michael at the Belfy, Sutton Coldfield this morning. No running first thing therefore.

Update on the computer I was recycling which is a Dell Optiplex 270 - it ain't working! Keeps switching itself off following a thermal event. I fear it may be bug**red but hey ho at least we tried!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam