Wednesday 30 April 2008

No pain, no gain...

Evening Post
Have kitted the FC1 out with Continental Ultra Gatorskin tyres which have all maner of puncture resistance built-in and recommended by Rhys at work. Was going to take it out for a spin tonight but it's hammering it down which is bloomin typical. Never mind, it's all ready for next time weather suits.


Super-cool Giant FCR1 kitted out with Ultra Gator Skin tyres


Lunchtime post:- Roberto Enrieu, winner of Slimming World’s greatest loser award was on the One Show last night. Puts anything I’ve achieved into sharp focus – 22.5 stone he’s lost. Some going, that is.

Roberto Enrieu - 22.5 stone lighter than his old self

Four mile run again this morning. No pain, felt like it was thinking about it, at about .8 mile but I started breathing from my stomach (if that makes any sense) like you're supposed to when singing (Joe Clarke, Earnest Bailey Grammar,1980s). Anyway as graph below shows a fairly steady pace throughout couple of blips when getting papers, crossing roads in town but no walking. Top stuff, seeing doctor Friday morning hopefully (can't know until I ring at 3pm on Thursday afternoon, great Health Service eh!).


Note steady pace all way round - couple of stops for traffic and papers is all

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic inspiration you are.
We have a lady on our forum just starting on the slimming world journey.

I have really enjoyed reading your blog...thank you.

Paul said...

Hi Louisa,
Thank you very much for your kind comment. Lost 4.5lbs this week so am well pleased with SW again. Feel free to drop by anytime!
Paul

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,
Well done, I feel such pride for you.
And I can see you tackle this with such a great sense of humour.

It's a real joy to read your blog.

Paul said...

Thank you for the comment, you have to laugh when you're on a weight loss mission. I find if I get to focused on it all, the disappointment when I put on or don't lose as much as I think I deserve is too much. So I concentrate on doing the right things for most of the time and that's enough.

Must say though the running is becoming addictive to the point where the bike is not getting much of an outing at all.

Will see. Thanks for popping by.
Paul

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam