Tuesday 22 April 2008

Tuesday and okay so far

Goals for 2008 Revisited

Reduction in Alcohol
– 30 days on the wagon at time of writing with not a drop means I can do it if I want when I want. Of course, as proven at 40th party back in December I can also drink for England when I want too.

Weigh Target – get weight below 14st – nowhere near but haven’t gone totally to hell in handcart yet, still going to group, still trying, not following plan closely enough but not overly worried either. If I need to go to 36” trousers, then I’ll start worrying but at present 34” trews are still good (maybe a little tighter). Am running 6 miles every morning now, not five, am fitter, weight will come off again – if I choose to make the right food choices to achieve that – it’s in my control to do it no-one else’s.

Run a Half Marathon – did that through Dovedale in January – next big run am aiming for is the eighteen miles between home and parents home in Darley Dale, at my pace that’s probably four or five hours worth cause it’s damned hilly.

Improve Golf Handicap – sort of played better in last couple of weeks, have a new mindset of minimising errors, managing course more and not doing anything stupid – it seems to be working. Handicap has been revised to 14.9 – not sure if that’s my lowest ever and for comps I’ll still be playing to 15 but it feels like a small improvement (which it is)..

Do a 60+ mile bike ride – not achieved as yet with broken wrist mullarkey but it’ll come!

Continue Not Smoking – just got to keep on through May and June and then on 2nd July I can say am legally a non-smoker with 12 ciggy-free months under my belt!

Read More – Have not got back on track with the reading so I ought to make more of an effort. Started off well but reading takes up so much of exercise time. Am not renewing DCFC season ticket this year so there’s more time freed up so I’ll get back into reading am sure.


Goals for 2009 already!!

London Marathon
Foolishly(?) I’ve said to about six people now that I’m going to run London Marathon next year. It’s entirely possible - Glen from work’s hubby Ged is a bit older than me and he can run it in an unbelievably quick 3hrs 21mins so what’s stopping me other than a slight fear of failure which can be overcome with training. So, no problem, really… oh my god what have you done you daft beggar???


Golf Result
Came third. Down .3 on th handicap.



Did 6 mile run again - thought it was quicker but training center says slightly slower, hey ho. It's a much hillier route so my overall pace has dropped back into 9 minute plus miles but am not bovvered really on that, the increase in distance is important to me plus the route is more rural and the air is better! Saw a partridge run out in front of me this morning, little beggar was quicker than me which is disappointing but hopefully with more training it'll be game bird for brekky - that'd get me in good books with her indoors (not).

BP 130/75/54 much better!!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam