Sunday 21 September 2008

Sunday and working again!


Done a biggish ride from home to me mum and dads over in Darley Dale. Went hill climbing all over the spot as you can see from the gradient profile so not bothered about the slow average. Also went up through Stanton-in-Peak and round Pilhough and Stanton Lees. Pilhough Farm used to be run by my Grandad and uncle and I spent loads of Sundays there. My grandma, blesse her, used to make the best Yorkshire Puds. The farm's all done up now - the outhouses that I remember putting grain into look like they've been converted into accommodation, the vegetable garden where my dog, Jake, was buried has been grassed over. The field where I came off a sledge with my dad 30 odd years ago now has ponies in it! Ponies?? World keeps on changing I suppose. Still it was nice to ride round roads I used to go on week in week out and hadn't been on for years - time travel by bicycle that's what today was.

Pilhough Farm - there was a vegetable garden here when I were a lad!

View from Pilhough over Rowsley. Beautiful spot.


A pothole near Brassington that I shall be reporting tomorrow

Morning
Am working on some interface files for Sage. Got up early doors and loaded up breadmaker then took the mutt out for a couple of miles. Am going to cycle over to mum and dads later today so that should be a good twenty miles on the FCR1. Big project going live next week, can't wait.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam