Sunday 30 March 2008

Sunday, Golf on Sunday

Afternoon update: Golf wasn't so bad - it was a Texas Scramble format so my crap shots weren't so noticeable. Played average enough the four of us, Doug, Dave, John and myself didn't drop any shots and made two birdies which should have been three really - we cocked up on the eighth a wee bit. 57.7 was final score after handicap allowance but apparently there's a 51 in the clubhouse so six shots off the pace in a way.

Family went to the Cross at Cauldon Low for lunch again - we're damn near regulars getting there, I think we've been three times in the last six weeks or so. Anyway only drank diet cola so control being demonstrated again on the alcohol front.

Took Lucy for a spin on the bike, we did a slow three miles to Mayfield and back but it was okay got her out in the fresh air and all that.

Ye gods, golf in about half an hour. Am rubbish at golf at the minute, 15 handicap, lucky if I break 100. Never mind, such is life eh.

Safely navigated Saturday with zero alcohol so the weekend is pretty much dealt with now, which I'm pleased about. Last beer was on Easter Sunday at the Cross, Cauldon Low. So tomorrow morning will see a week's worth of abstinence. Had a run of 99 days off the juice last year, be nice to go one day better but I'll need to be more committed than I feel right now...

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam