Friday 14 March 2008

Sport Relief Day and a new sort of weighin

Not so Indestructible?
Got a letter this morning from Derby Royal Infirmary A+E. It says "As you know we initially thought your X-ray was normal, however we now have the final X-ray report back and the X-ray Doctor thinks that there is a small break in the bone." Marvellous eh, I felt dead guilty for having the missus and youngest child sat in A+E for three hours and then being told 'you're alright Mr Siddall, take some paracetemol and you'll be right as rain in no time" (or words to that effect) and then five weeks later I find out it was broke after all. As it is I reckon it's fully healed as I've gone like a train on the rower at lunch time.

2lbs on - Kick up the Ar*e Time.
As you can see from the graph below action has been long overdue. Two pounds on has taken me the wrong side of 15st. Not happy but have made my bed so have to lie in it. Have been messing about for far too long. Earlier in the week I bumped into Caryl she said three things you might try - 1. SAS Log, 2. Food Diary or 3. Come along to the new group on Friday. Chose the last, the pressure will do me good. See how things change next week!




Sports Relief Rower Challenge
Did a personal best on the rower, 2000m in 7:37.5 Half an hour later and my lungs are still on fire!! Great. Found out later that I won the rower comp and overall we came second out of seven teams in the company. The competitive spirt of the company was great - our team captain Ed decided it was gladatorial and all tactical emails ended with the words 'Strength and Honour'. Well cool. Remember, it's not the taking part that counts it's the winning!!!


Little Run
Only did 3.5 miles this morning (at a steady 9 minute mile pace) as have the Slimming World Sport Relief rower challenge later today and didn't want to burn mesen out too soon!!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam