Wednesday 9 July 2008

Tired legs, diminishing returns and all that...

Had a hideously slow 46 minute five miler this morning. Legs really aching at the moment and was difficult to push em through it today but the nice thing about where I am today is that less than five miles isn’t acceptable to me anymore, certainly not in a morning so made meself do five miles and not a penny less...


Interesting article in papers today and it's exactly what Slimming World recommends in the first few weeks of a weight loss campaign.:

‘Keeping a food diary ‘will help you slim’
Keeping a food diary is a powerful tool in helping dieters lose weight, scientists said yesterday.
Those who compiled a detailed account of what they ate and drank and the calories it contained lost about twice as much weight as those who did not, they found. The six-month study involved 1,685 middle-aged men and women from four U.S. cities – Portland, Oregon; Baltimore, Maryland; Durham, North Carolina and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/diets/article-1033493/Behave-like-Bridget-Jones-food-diary-want-slim.html

The difference with a Slimming World food diary is that it focuses you on aiming for free foods and healthy options rather than calorie counting. Interestingly (sort of), I started blogging for another aspect of why Slimming World works – the weekly weighin – I publish mine and I reckon if I didn’t I’d take my eye off the ball and start gaining big-style. A few weeks ago when I was having a moan about not losing weight and Margaret said “Don’t let it slip” - not many words but enough of a message to make me stop moaning and get going again!

Not sure what weight's going to be this week. Not really trying hard enough and the re-acquaintance with Stella is sure to have a negative effect. Will see what happens Friday, only had three and half pints Saturday, not touched a drop since how much damage can there be???

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam