Friday 11 July 2008

Funny sort of a day already... Pound off...

Lunchtime Update
Went to group, weigh 14st 9lbs, a pound off so am moderately happy with that. Haven't done enough exercise this week by a long chalk. Only 20 miles run and the tired legs thing hacked me off a bit so am resting em a bit. Done less than 20 miles on bikes I think too although I've decided to ramp up cycling mileage a bit so I don't wear my legs out!


I got my plan at work sorted out too and installed the software upgrade as so the advanced planning was useful in a way as having done it once on test server meant I was able to replicate it on the live server - it was all in place well before 9am so all's well that ends well.

First Thing
Had a day where best made plans go awry. Wierd. I'd planned to do a system upgrade on one of our legacy systems this morning and meticulously planned it, did some steps of it yesterday so I was ahead of the game, came to doing the actual nitty gritty at 5:30 this morning and problems from the off. 6am I emailed folks saying I'd aborted the upgrade and went out on the bike (Giant FCR1), I did about 9 miles in just under 40 minutes which was slow but I kept hitting red lights in Ashbourne. Good thing is that at least my legs aren't aching this morning.

Weigh-in at 12:30 confidence is not overly high but won't have put much on. Am hoping to have a few tasty Stellas tonight although I did Liz one of my farmhouse loaf jobbos yesterday and she's brought me some Italian lager this morning so it might be them instead!!!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam