Thursday 17 July 2008

Keep on runnin'

Been on Wii Fit again tonight for half an hour. Am getting into it now, Wii Fit age is now 36 and that would mean that my body is still(!) in relatively good condition. Damned by faint praise again! I think that my Wii fit age is down a bit because it's reading my weight a bit lower than before by about half a pound.

On Wednesday I attended an all staff meeting at which Slimming World's Mr & Mrs 2008 competition winners Andy and Michele Smith spoke. The couple have a combined loss of over 13 stone. They've got a similar story to myself in some ways – lost a good amount of weight and then really got back into sport and exercise.
The big difference is that Andy has suffered the loss of a limb in a motorcycle accident, even after that and a time of turmoil and despair he got it together and is now a part of the national Paralympics sailing team. Michele is training to run a marathon. Awesome. Inspirational and it puts my whinging into perspective.

Some of the things they said rang true , Michele said something along the lines of having a time when she expected to wake up and find out she'd put all the weight back on again. I'm still half expecting that – I wonder when true faith begins?


Slimming World's Mr & Mrs 2008 Winners - Andy and Michele Smith.

Andy and Michele Smith - before joining Slimming World.

First thing
Five miles run in 47:30 slowly, slowly catchee monkey... But it's running again and it was too wet to take the FCR1 out.

27 mins on wii fit last night too. It's good but is making me abs hurt!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well for me its better to be more realistic.

Paul said...

To each their own! Too much realism can be a bad thing too.

In what context did you mean?

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam