Monday 11 February 2008

Running a bit quicker...

Running

Although I've put over half a stone on since best weight last year (some time around September, I think) I'm running better than ever. This morning's run averaged about 6mph according to Garmin and pace was very nearly ten minutes a mile. Seeing as how I'm not doing very well in the cycling department I'm going to stick with running for a bit I think. Also seems to burn up calories better than cycling so maybe a good time for a change for a little while at least.

Halfords coming to Ashbourne

As part of the redevelopment of the old Nestle's site one of the new retail outlets is to be a Halfords which I guess is good news in some ways and bad news in others. Just as the arrival of Homebase will impact on David Neill's DIY shop, you can be certain that Halford will do no favours for Lumbards Garage who I use quite a bit as regular readers will be aware for repairs to my many bicycles. Still, I've got some Halfords vouchers from my fortieth which will come in handy for something when it opens.


Dave at work has suggested stabilizers!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam