Monday 11 February 2008

Monday back to running again

Managed to fall off the bl**dy bike again yesterday, Janette wants me to sell it on Ebay and I almost agree. Nothing broken though, wasn't going very fast and was only half a mile from home (don't they say 90% of accidents happen within five minutes of home?) , it happened because I was distracted by the rear mech jumping out of gear (wasn't happening before pothole accident) and so looked at it then looked forward again as I hit the kerb. Bloomin irritated and managed to hurt the other bloomin arm protecting the arm that was injured a fortnight ago. So went to a+e at Derby, waited for three hours, got xrayed, nothing broken again - so now I'm embarassed about that. Janette and Lucy stopped with me so I feel I've wasted their time as well as hospital.

So is there any good news in all this? Well, considering how much it hurt at the time and how much the other arm hurt when I had the pothole crash I'm of the opinion that my bones are evidently indestructible. Which is good I reckon. Anyway am going to keep off the bike for a few weeks until fully recovered, I ran four miles this morning and while it's a bit achy my arm is definitely a lot better than yesterday so that's going to be my exercise of choice for the next few weeks.


Satellite google map of run this morning - 4 miles, papers picked up and back for 7am - pleased

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam