Saturday 14 April 2007

14-04-2007 - Golfin, April Medal gross:90 nett:75

April medal at the golf club.

Am wearing a lotto XL polo shirt that has not fit me for about seven years which is nice - surprised at how much stuff in my wardrobe now fits really well.

Since losing all this weight my golf has been plain lousy most of the time. Today I managed to pretty much hold it together and shot a 90 off the white tees. Played pretty solid - got a new driver (MacGregor NVG DR 9.5 degrees, stiff shaft jobbo) that has all sorts of weighting technology that is supposed to straighten your drives out if you're someone prone to the power-fade like myself. I hit some beauts today and some rubbish as normal. Quite often I was left with eight or nine irons into the greens and it was these beggars that let me down more than anything. Putted really well making no end of the six to twelve footers which was nice.

90 less my 15 handicap was about four shots over handicap which wasn't bad when you consider I shot 103 a couple of weeks ago.

So it's coming back!!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam