Saturday 21 April 2007

20-04-2007 - Golf - Cotgrave Park, Nottingham - 88 nett 73.

Back in January I discovered (probably word of mouth from the whizzkids at work) the website hotdealsuk.com On this website I found that using Buyagift.com and a voucher code you could get 18 holes of golf for £3.50!! Only downside to all this was that Cotgrave Place near Nottingham was the nearest one I could use. Anyway, after crawling along the A453 and arriving late (people at Cotgrave Place happily changed the tee-time and were very nice about it all), we finally got onto the first tee at 11:52. A round of two halves then ensued - I whipped through the first nine in 39 which for me is very good but the back nine I made all sorts of duff decisions and ended up taking 49 (found water twice and three-putted quite a few times). I think if I played it again I'd score a lot better but here are the positives:
1). Have sorted out the irons, think I was guilty of chicken-winging it before and have started making sure I get my right elbow into my body more on the downswing - I hit most of the green in regulation on the front nine. I hit the flag on one hole.
2). I boomed I don't know how many big drives (for me) out there and found a lot of fairways off the tee.

I think if I'd known the depth of the greens I'd have made different choices for approach shots on the back nine which would have meant I'd have played to my handicap instead of being four over. However, 88 round a course I don't know off a handicap of 15.4 is not too shabby in my view.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam