Monday 23 April 2007

Biking Stats Week 2 - preparation for Great Notts Bike Ride

Sean, a colleague from work has asked me if I want to join the team to do the fifty mile Great Notts Bike Ride which goes from Nottingham to Newark and back again. Although it's predominantly flat the distance is quite a bit more (by about three times) than am used to so at weekend I'm going to have to put in some serious practice to get there. I think it's at the end of June (24th?) so I've some time to get fit enough for it but it's still a serious run for the likes of me.

Did 9 miles this morning on my paper run but am going to see if I can up that to twelve - will need to get map out because I've already added Church Mayfield into the loop. Did fourteen plus miles on Sunday but that would have been more if the poxy bike computer hadn't kept switching off. Have replaced it with a £12 Lidl one which has a heart monitor now!!

Sunday 22-04-2007 - Sat 28-04-2007 102.66miles 9hrs 17mins Avg speed 11.05mph

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam