Sunday 19 April 2009

Sunday 19-04-2009 Last Big Training Run

Last Big Un before t' Big big Un.
Last big run before the Marathon (who knows might be ever) so set off about twenty to seven this morning bit nippy so was pleased I chose the Hearts of Midlothian long-sleeved affair. Usual sort of big route for much of it - up to Thorpe along to Tissington down to Bradbourne Ford/Mill (whatever you want to call it). Then up to Kniveton Wood down to the bit where I normally go down into the valley to climb up to Moorend but instead didn't turn off today but headed straight on for Ashbourne passing through Offcote and not far form where I came off the bike in Jan 07. Steady sort of a run at the end had sufficient oomph left to catch and overtake a woman running along watery lane. All looking good for next week. Wish I'd been good and got my weight in better order for it but am confident I'll do it none-the-less.






After my rubbishy golf yesterday was having a coffee in the clubhouse with Dave, Doug, Harry and John. Dave has done quite a few marathons before and he says monday, tuesday, wednesday I need protein and then thursday onwards I should be carbo-loading which basically sounds like eating the stuff I been trying to keep away from! Can't wait.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam