Friday 3 October 2008

Running Again - third time in a week! Bad weigh-in third time in a row...

Went and got weighed after all - 15st 6lbs today - keeps going up and up.

Had three pints after the funeral on Wednesday (although boss cat says I had four, I'm sure it was three, wasn't driving and it was into October so pledge for no alcohol in September stood) but other than that felt had been pretty damn good over the week. Waistline is okay, still getting into 34" waist jeans and trous so what the hell is the weigh increase all about. Am running faster even with dodgy knee than this time last year - 5th November 07 was running 3.5 miles at a pace of 10mins 43secs per mile, this morning it was 9mins 34sec a mile, I know I've done faster but the point is that last year I was half a stone or more lighter and slower so something's wrong with them scales I reckon!

Not best pleased. Have told JohnH am buying him a beer up at the pub after letting him down at golf last week and intend to keep that commitment so not going to be 100% back on plan until tomorrow.

Am not harping on about the knee anymore I've decided, there's more important things in life. Saw a picture in yesterdays Times of a guy who'd had to have half his lower leg amputated following a roadside bomb detonating on him in Afghanistan. The point about picture was that he had running shoes on the prosthetic limb and was running. He'd have the right to moan about a dodgy knee where as when I do it, it's just whinging so ain't mentioning it no more. Bet I do, though, fool that I am.




Morning

Been out and done 3 miles or so again this morning. The edge is playing up more frequently but not bothered. Weight seems to be massively up this morning so may go gym rather than group at lunchtime. I'm doing 25 minute sessions on the rower and then have notched up the weights machines to 11 rather than the old 10 setting I used to do. I think when I first started I used to set them at 7 or 8 so it's all progressing the right way (apart from the weight!!). I'm still wearing 34" jeans / work trouser so that's all fine. Anyway, the new group's weighin is next Wednesday so will try and sort it out this weekend - bit daft doing two groups really.



No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam