Sunday 19 October 2008

Week Sunday 19th - Saturday 25th Oct

Saturday 25th Oct
Saturday starts well. Been testing the knee out a bit more now - just short of eight slow miles this morning, bit slow but Jeez Louise, it was freezing cold. Glad I mowed the lawns yesterday seems like perfect time for the last cut. Golf at 12:20 and tomorrow I'll tell you about the Christmas present I've got mesen, no Giant superbike this year far more frugal but hopefully just as useful next year.




Yesterday was a good day! Name the Journey track that comes from?

Anyway, took Phil to Ripley Army Surplus store and we bought a foldy down spade that will be grand for bait digging next year I hope and also means I'll never have to buy a bucket and spade again. Possibly.

Then we pounded over to Lidl because me mum wanted a heater thing so we got that, also got five 1.5KG bags of bread flour for £2.40 which I thought was a good deal (same as Tesco price-wise but it might be different quality of flour - we'll see).

Then went to Curry's, regular readers may know that my lad, Phil managed to knacker the 32" Sharp LCD TV we had so have been visiting Currys Electricals to sort the replacement out and thus far have been biding my time waiting for the right deal. Well yesterday we came back with a 40" Sony which cost about £80 less than the 32" Sharp we had a couple of years ago and is full High Definition and a damn side bigger, more stylish too so well please. The odd thing is that the 46" version of this TV, the KDL46V4000 is £1,199.00 - how does that work - you can have two 40" TVs or one 46" TV - which would you go for??



So after coming home and setting up the telly which is reet good, went to play some golf. It was a grand afternoon and I thought after a couple of holes I ought to mow the lawn a last time, so did five holes whizzed back home and mowed all the lawns. Well pleased.




Answer to the lyric question, by the way, was "Just the Same Way", from either Evolution or Infinity albums Gregg Rolie sang it so it's about the time Perry joined and just before Rolie left!



Friday 24th Oct
I know I'm getting ahead of myself but am off Friday so not attending Janet's group at work tomorrow so am taking last night's weight for the weekly record. A maintain is okay given the fact that am not sticking to the plan by any means. Am going to get myself sorted out soon honest!!

Went to Dentist this afternoon for a checkup, scale and polish which all went well. Both the dentist and later, the hygenist said 'you've not put the weight back on' so they obviously don't see the 10/12lbs up that I am from my lowest - so I can't be all that out of shape. Next time I go to Dentist will have done a marathon. That's something to think about!




Thursday 23rd Oct



Couldn't get up this morning and consequently didn't get on the road until 6:22 resulting in a much reduced mileage (should have been 3.5miles but didn't get the Edge going until got to top of the Hill). Went to Nic's group last night and had a maintain so still at 15st 3lbs which I was actually chuffed with considering how much I drank last weekend. Need to get doing it again properly though as less weight would make the running easier and I got a marathon to do still!










Wednesday 22nd Oct
Another day, another steady sort of five miles. Very cold so pace might be expected to be down but I reckon I can tweak it a bit and push the pace up. From next week I'm going to be doing six milers as recomended by my marathon trainer Kathryn so will need to start getting up a bit earlier!


Tuesday 21st Oct
Ran much faster today sub-9 minute miles so well pleased with the start so far. Best run for ages - think partly because I was late setting off and partly because I could!
Did another good gym session - am making that habit - 25 mins on rower for 5,600m! and a ton of weights. All good.



Monday 20th Oct
Started okay with a five mile run up Ashbourne and back picking up newspapers on the way. Pace sub 10 mins seems to be as good as I'm going to get at the minute. No problems though considering how much beer I had over weekend!

Did Gym at lunchtime 25 mins on rower for 5,300 metres and a solid weights session while waiting for the rowing machine to become available - we only got once concept2 rower which can be a problem on occasion.

Sunday 19th Oct
Afternoon - thought had better to do a bike ride or something so cycled over to Darley Dale, a bit over 17 miles. What was cool about this ride was that I went straight up Buxton Hill for the first time. Normally I skirt round it going a bit further but making it less of a steep hill climb, doing the Buxton Hill is serious stuff for me but got there. Thank the lord it was downhill for a good while after, I was aircooled going toward Fenny Bentley I can assure you!


Morning
Been over at Cromford Meadows this morning with Lucy. She was playing with Ashbourne u10s against Matlock at Rugby. Brought back some memories for sure, we used to have games at Cromford Meadows. Every week we'd get on a bus from Ernest Bailey's (later to become Highfields) and down to Cromford for rugby, cricket and once in a while athletics. Marvellous. Had a look in the clubhouse - pics of Old Bailean's sides featuring folks I used to go to school and muck about with - Gaz Siddall on a few pics and his brother Rob.

Rang me bro about future camping possibilities in sunny Anglesey. Went to Aldi last week and got this enormous airbed for a total comfort solution at just thirty quid. See pic below - it's got a built-in AC pump but will also take a normal camping type pump solution. Also got a load of lures from a pound shop in Derby for a few quid so am all setup next time we go.







No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam