Sunday 13 May 2007

Golf Update - know what I'm doing wrong now.

Played at an Audi promotional thing in Loughborough on Thursday. It hammered it down with rain for the whole round and I scored a measly 27 points and was rather disappointed with my overall performance. However, the good thing was that Audi videod all players teeing off on the first. After the round I got to see the video and it's given me feedback on what I need to improve to get my game together. The video revealed that when I swing everything moves - a sway to the right on the back swing, a sway to the left on the follow-through. Absolutely awful.

So on Sunday (13th) I've gone back to basics and tried to minimise the swaying and concentrate on turning through and keeping my left arm straight (another fault revealed by video). This resulted in a much better performance. We played a stableford and up to 17th tee I was bang on my handicap from the white tees which were absolutely at the back on every hole due to the competition on Saturday being the president's putter. I've no idea whether I'd have kept it together on the last two holes as we walked off due to the slow play in front off us (we'd waited on every tee box and in the pouring rain decided to call it a day).

So in summary Golf on the up and looking forward to Invitation next Sunday when I've invited me dad over for a round and got a good tee-time (9:00ish).

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam