Saturday 5 May 2007

Cycling Week - 29/04/07 - 05/05/07

Been a good week on the cycling front. As of Saturday morning (not sure if I'm going out tonight as am golfing at 11:45) have done 130.86 miles. So, mileage is going up week on week and better than that, the average speed is now up to 11.6m.p.h

Although I can't find the webpage right now somewhere on www.slimming-world.com there's a page that tells you how many calories you burn up cycling. I found another website that says for a 167lb 37yr old (that's a bit specific isn't it?) if you're cycling at 12mph for an hour you use up 639 calories which is what I'm after (I'm probably at around 580 calories looking at their figures) but it all adds up doesn't it!

On the down-side on the cycling front - I've had the chain come off three times and the left pedal crank came loose when I was six miles from home one day. Now carrying a 14mm socket round with me just in case it happens again (always carried a 15mm one in case one of wheels comes loose). Last night was another pain in the ass when I got a puncture in front wheel (better than back wheel I suppose), I thought I could swap the tyres off my old bike as the new one's tyres you can only inflate to 50 p.s.i. which I don't like. However, the tyres on new one are 26" x 2.25" and the tyres on my old one are 26" x 1.75" which is a bit of a bugger! Anyway fixed the tyre after I'd been to the pub (one diet coke - £1.40 - landlords? bloomin thieves more like). Done the normal 10 miler this morning although tomorrow I'm going to go on a big trek before the Derby v Leeds match at Pride Park.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam