Saturday 23 August 2008

Ready for the weekend!

Golf at 12:20 hadn't played Ashbourne for best part of a month so was looking forward to it. Shot a sort of respectable 90 from the medal tees but couldn't put for toffee. Lord knows how many three putts. The wierd thing was that although I shot four over my handicap I played some pretty solid golf, played some of the par fives taking an iron for the second shots which is not something I used to do. I reckon I'm getting the hang of it a bit, now.

Am getting over yesterdays reality check! On the whole I'm not really that worried - am pretty much back into my old routine apart from not being able to do the running aspect. Have been in work four days last week and been to the gym everyone of them - so that's good. On the biceps curl machine I'm now setting it at 10 every time which is progress am hoping to be saying that setting is now 11 in a fortnight's time. We'll see. So onwards and downwards (at least in weight terms).

Knee is still a bit jippy but am finding no problems with cycling on it - got 60 odd miles on the clock this week and that's with missing Thursday for the Honda Woodhall Spa golf day (see earlier post).


66 miles as of Saturday morning.

Am trying to get outside most of today have been taking jump to the dustbin truck that comes every five weeks, cleaned my golf clubs, done a nice job of cleaning the Giant FCR1 bike (it's a picture when it's clean). Riding through Okeover Park has meant that there was sheep cak all over the underside of the frame and that's not what you want to see on an FCR1, let me tell you.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam