Thursday 21 August 2008

Achy breaky legs...

Played at a corporate golf thing today at Woodhall Spa in Lincs today It was a cracking day hosted by Honda in conjunction with PGA Corporate Golf. The course is a monster, I didn't do much of anything for the first seven holes and then started playing and got a fair few pars and a birdie on one hole (will furnish more details when I recover scorecard from my golf bag but back nine was in 43 with a couple of cockups included in that).

If you get the chance to play it you should and if possible with someone who knows there way round it as it helps to know where the darned bunkers are - apparently there are 365 of the buggers round the course and some (most) are damned deep - I took a 60 degree wedge with me and it didn't always get me out first time. Nightmare.

Anyway, good thing is that the team I was in with Tim and Dave from Honda managed to come third which won us Woodhall Spa windcheater things (£40 on the tag), which was nice. Dave, a five handicapper who had only played twice in the year was awesome, played with old Ping Eye2s and Callaway Hawkeyes which I reckon must have been ten years old just nailed birdies and pars, great to watch. Tim played great on the front nine but sort of lost trust in his swing on the back nine, which you can't do on this course - there's heather, sand and trees everywhere, it's hard! Great day though, thoroughtly enjoyed it and Honda were bloody great!!


Me and me third prize.



Woodhall Spa and just some of it's many bunkers (365 apparently).

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam