Monday 23 February 2009

Week from Sunday 22nd to Saturday 28th Feb 09

Saturday 28th Feb
Missus' birthday today bless her - me and Lucy surrepticiously visited Denby Pottery and got her a load of coffee cups and stuff - can't believe they were in financial difficulty - there product is definitely premium stuff.

Anyroad - ran up town in the morning and golf in the afternoon. We beat Doug and Harry. Harry is a serious big hitter so it was good to beat them convincingly. We played for a pound and ten pence for birdies and John and me netted £1.30 so it's all good. They'll probably whoop us next week though so not putting my retirement plan together just yet...

Friday 27th Feb
Taking Lucy to Alton Towers Splash Landings today, we were supposed to be going to Trentham Monkey Forest but after checking online it's not actually open so this is the fallback! Will report back later.

Thursday 26th Feb
Walked up town and back - am definitely getting back to running tomorrow! Did a solid nine holes of golf as well. Have listed a load of stuff for sale on Ebay towards the marathon pledge for the NSPCC/SMILES fund rasining. I included a Mactec NVG driver which I regripped on Wednesday so I thought I'd take it out for one last round on the course - it went miles, definitely longer that the Taylormade R7 I normally use so I've pulled it off Ebay and put it back in my bag - will see how it goes on Saturday! Did a ton of weights at home as well.

Wednesday 25th Feb
Played about 11 holes of golf yesterday was alright - steady sort of stuff. This morning still feeling the after effects of Monday's run so walked up town and back. Then took Lucy to get JAS's birthday present and then we went to the maze that is Westfields Shopping Centre to take in the new 3d animated film Bolt. Which surprisingly was quite good. Enjoyed it. Then back to drop missus and number one son off again to watch Shrovetide. Listed a few items on Ebay to hopefully raise some more cash for the NSPCC marathon campaign.

Tuesday 24th Feb
Legs are absolutely cream crackered today - walked up town and back pretty slowly to fetch papers. Might go play some golf when JAS gets back from big shopping in Burton. Shrovetide football starts today and all the shopwindows in Ashbourne are boarded up - wierdest thing you ever saw - you'd think there was a hurricane coming or something if you lived in Kansas. Have got a load of pics from yesterday's run to put up sometime soon.

Monday 23rd Feb - didn't do much yesterday after stubbing my toe and didn't think I'd be up to my big run but managed to do a solid 21 miles according to motionbased but the time is a load of rubbish - it was 4hrs 30 ish definitely no more than that. Does my head in at times the Garmin but I know it's wrong so not going to shoot myself over it.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam