Sunday 2 November 2008

Week - Sunday 1st Nov to Saturday 8th Nov 08

Saturday 8th Nov
Yesterday was a damned nightmare. Stress city start to finish but it's done now. Saturday is a new day. Big Company do down in Birmingham later, got another 6.5miler done this morning. No idea of time after losing the edge earlier in the week but in a way that matters not a jot. I've got to run 26 miles and 385 yards next April so the speed is no longer the issue any more, staying power and endurance is wat I've got to start working towards. Kathryn my marathon guru is going to give me a training plan soon. If she don't soon I'll be getting one from t'internet!

Friday 7th The Weight Stays the Same
Had a weigh-in at Nics lil group on Wednesday weight and weight was down at 15st 2.5lbs which I was surprised and pleased about. Today it's 15st 4lbs which is same as last week and a bit rubbish. However, I drank a fair bit last weekend so a maintain isn't the end of the world at this stage. Now the goal is to keep away from anything like beer! Work has been mega hectic this week and have not made the gym all week but am going to make an effort to get there today


Friday 7th November - British Steel
Not showing any British Steel today! 5:30 til now (6:05) it's been chucking it down with rain. Took some stuff to me car just in case it's only messing about rain but it's not, so at the moment running is off. In summer I could run in the light rain no problem but winter rain is just not worth it and I've not had a rest day for ages so will give the joints a break.

Have got some big, big news that involves London and April but am not sure I'm allowed to mention it yet, so forget you've even read London and April on a blog that mentions running a lot, okay?

If it's all done by 6:25 I can run up town and back to go get papers but otherwise it looks like I'm definitely going to be in the gym later today to get some cardio done. Thus far today it's just press-ups and what have you at home.

Thursday 6th November - Disaster Strikes!
Have lost my edge quite literally. Can't find the Garmin Edge GPS computer that has been tracking my runs/cycle rides for the past 14 months this morning. Still, did the 6.5 miles round Mappleton and back through Ashbourne - same route at Monday, set off at 5:53 got back a fraction after 7:00 so about normal pace.


Wednesday 5th November
Absolute rubbish run today. Edge played up for a start so it looks like I didn't start running until over a mile from home and then texted son at 6:30 to tell him to do something (which he didn't, the little toad) and forgot to restart the Edge so lost a load of distance there as well. Edge says run was rubbish pace wise and I'd have to agree am slower at minute cause me legs are knackered but not that damn slow! Anyway, day can only get better (please).

Tuesday 4th November
Did a five mile run this morning but the Edge played up again a bit so it looks like 4 and a half miles. Didn't get up til 5:50 so running too late for the six miler.

Monday 2nd November
Well, while watching the Derby v Forest Game yesterday, I partook of a beer or two which was bloomin silly, but hey-ho that's what I did. That's it for alcohol now uptil Xmas. Hopefully the weight will start dropping again here on in. Did six and a half miles this morning which is the regime now.

Sunday 1st November
Started off with an okay sort of a six mile run. Cold and drizzly which is what I'm blaming for my much reduced pace! Then went off to Chellaston with Lucy to play Melbourne Juniors at rugby. Damned cold again but Lucy got stuck in and had a good game so was nice to see.

Amazed at the Derby v Forest game on Sky. What was the ref on? High octane stuff and nice to see Lee Camp doing well. Why ever we let him go I don't know? Anyroad spilt milk and all that.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam