Sunday 2 May 2010

Sunday 2nd May to Saturday 8th May 2010

Saturday 8th May 2010
Not much to report. Put a load of stuff on Ebay for work - old PDA stuff and what have you. Played golf with Doug and John - played well again in windy conditions 41 points which including blobbing on 7th hole (taking no score) when lost a ball (pulled drive, then although I poleaxed a 6-iron bang on line I couldn't find the ball so it was either short and in the rubbish or long and in the field - still hit the ball really well). So reasons to be cheerful. Unfortunately not playing next week unless I give Andrew a ring and see if he can put me with anybody.

Friday 7th May 2010
Oh dear, Mr Cameron will be blubbing into his cornflakes this morning. Still, at least he won't need to roll his sleeves up and get grafting. Although, he might have to start working out if there's a way to prise Mr Brown out of no.10, I can't see him shifting in a hurry!

Me, on the other hand I was up early doors doing me emails then went out for a five miler as is again normal - tried to up the pace a bit and have almost got it down to 9 minute miles; details here

Thursday 6th May 2010
Went out for another five miler this morning. Steady if not quite as quick as I'd like - average 9:37 pace but I was right tired on the third mile and dropped down to 10min mile which was disappointing but was on the climb up the park which might explain it a little bit. Badminton tonight - played a bit on lawn with Lucy last night - she seems to want to smash everything at me which is competitive but not condusive to a knock-about in my opinion!

Wednesday 5th May 2010
Bit knackered still but did a five miler this morning - did a bit of fun running and footy with Lucy last night which hurt a bit (they don't half make footballs hard these days, don't they?). Did some more footy and running with Lucy again tonight then an awesome spin on the FCR1 where I just kept the average up nice and high and beat the virtual partner set at 15mph. Which for me is jolly respectable! See details here

Tuesday 4th May 2010
Stopped up til silly hours to get my name down in the London Marathon 2011 ballot, if I don't get in then I'll be hanging up the running shoes. In the meantime it means I'll need to keep up a reasonable level of fitness at least 'til October when I find out if am in or not.

Was so knackered this morning after chopping down the tree and getting to bed late (although I did watch Unforgiven on the box so that was a bonus) that I walked up town and ran back.

Also forgot to mention, played 9 holes last night which was okay again, checked out how I did in the May Medal on Saturday and came third - if I'd not three-putted on 13, not put a ball in the hedge on the 6th and if the putt on the 18th had dropped in instead of sitting on the edge of the hole I'd have won! That's golf for you.

Monday 3rd May 2010
I bought a mount for the Garmin 405cx watch so that it can work like a speedo/bike computer on the FCR1. Set it up this morning and then took it for a spin (details of which are here). I average 14.3mph which was okay as it was mighty windy if I do say so myself.










Rest of day was spent chopping down a Xmas Tree that was in a wooden tub for about 15 years and was bloomin massive. Of course the Tree had not seen the tub as being a limitation and it's roots had wrapped themselves round a paving slab and what have you so it took a good four hours or more to best it and I'm not sure I've won now! It's still locked into the tub with it's limpet-like roots. Hey ho.

Irrational (sort of) Purchases
Bought (sold a kidney for) pictures from MarathonFoto but since I probably won't put myself through 26.2 miles of pain again I thought get em. Anyway, some of which are below.
















Sunday 2nd March 2010
A slow (cause it was damn cold) 8.5 miles this morning round Ashbourne. A bit tired after 7.5 miles so walked a bit and went for shortest route back home (as you do). Will do a bit more tomorrow perhaps if I fancy it or might go out on bike. We'll see.

1 comment:

Ursula Slimming World St Neots said...

Just been reading the marathon day blog - wow! What a day, what a feeling - what a top bloke you are!!!! WELL DONE!!!! :-)

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam