Sunday 16 May 2010

Sunday 16th May to Saturday 22nd May 2010

Saturday 22nd May 2010
Got up at 4:30 to take wee Phil to work at the farm. Then got home, watered everything (as you do), sorted the shed out. Got Lucy's bike and my slow but comfy mountain bike out, pumped tyres up (in process inner tube in my front tyre blue - which was nice, not). Tidied garden up, took stuff to the dustcart which comes every 6 weeks. Then got Lucy ready and we went up town to fetch papers and get breakfast at Busy Bees' cafe up near the bus station - well recommended, really nice people, nice simple food, no problems. Then we came home. Golf ay 12:20 me and John played in a betterball medal off 3/4 handicaps, we ended up 1-over I think which was okay, I missed some howlers and John struggled here and there. Doug, bless him, marked for us and didn't laugh too much ever when John found three different bunkers on the 18th. Anyway, I think I had 7 pars and missed some rotten short putts but... that's golf for ya.

Friday 21st May 2010
Three miles this morning - averaging 9:30ish I think - for some reason it's not uploaded. 9 holes of v average golf - lost 3 balls!!

Thursday 20th May 2010
Tired again and it showed. Least did the old five mile route but only managed to get round at an average of 9.58. Still coulda been 10 min miles!!! Details here

Badminton was red hot, played not bad against the whippersnappers. Took one of em to 21-15 which was as close I got to good.

Wednesday 19th May 2010
Walked up town and then ran back, knackered and ankle hurt so not as tremendous mid-week performance. Such is life. Did another nine holes up on the course last night, a beautiful evening so t'was.


Another pic from Sunday - this is the farm where Phil works at the weekend.



This is the other circular thang in the the River at Norbury.



What the flip is this?
Went a walk down near where Phil works at Norbury on Sunday. Saw this and another strange circular thang in the river a bit further upstream. Don't know what they are. The nearby road is called Side Mill Lane so whether this is linked, I don't know.



Tuesday 18th May 2010
Back to five mile runs. Not very quick but acceptable (my definition of acceptable will be sub-10 minutes miles) . Details here.

Monday 17th May 2010
Knackered this morning. Only did a three mile loop which I didn't keep a track of as couldn't find me watch! Nearly went headlong as I went along Mayfield Road. Same track I run pretty much every day and managed to hit a ever-so slightly raised manhole cover and still can't believe I stayed on my feet - felt like I was flying for a few milleseconds.

Went up for 9 holes of golf, not t

Sunday 16th May 2010
Got up early doors to take Phil to work. Got back, went back to bed but couldn't sleep so got up. Mucked about. Made a load of sea fishing rigs ready for hols in a fortnights time. Can't wait.

Got a gadget for cleaning and lubricating the chain on me bike so I've done that today. Took it out for a spin. Just short of ten miles at 15.5mph average not bad considering all the bloomin traffic and I chucked some hills in for good measure. All good but no run this weekend. Details is here.

Me, the missus and Lucy went for a walk down by the river at Norbury. Some wierd stonework in the river that I'll post up tomorrow.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam