Monday 16 November 2009

Sunday 15th November to Saturday 22nd.

Saturday 21st November
Got up at 5:30, took Phil to work at 6:20, grand way to start the weekend! Went up town and back as usual to get papers. Then went up for golf at 10:20. The pair we were supposed to play didn't turn up so technically we could claim the match but we probably won't. Anyway not a problem but an opportunity - me and Lucy booked a court at the leisure centre to do some badminton practice.

Friday 20th November
2.5 miler as usual. Had to leave work at 2:30 for a retinography thing at St Oswalds Hospital - she said it looked alright. Couldn't read for a good three hours afterwards but such is life.

Thursday 19th November
2.5 mile up town and back, into office for 8am. Took Lucy to Badminton lessons at Ashbourne Leisure Centre, cool, I asked if I could have a go and they let me which was cool. Not only that but they let me pay for meself so even though it's supposed to be for kids I'm having a crack for the next weeks!! Yay, played against a young lad called Ben who plays for the county so I learnt new stuff right from the start. Well, pleased.

Wednesday 18th November
Didn't get back from work til 9:15 last night so was in a bit of a huff, straight to bed with no supper. Got up early doors 2.5 mile up town and back in the bl**dy rain. Great when the weather matches your mood! Did a couple of miles round the loop at night - dry but windy.

Tuesday 17th November
Did the normal 2.5 miler up town and back, which I have to say am very comfy doing. If I could do exactly the same every night on top of it I'd be quite happy I reckon.

I've got a cunning plan for improving my knotting capabilities I'm going to test out tonight though. A piece of wood with a big nail in it should be ideal as an extra hand to hold loops for example in the leader part of the flip-over leader knot below you really need someone holding the extreme left end of the loop while you turn over it - if it was held by a nail it should be ten times easier. First cunning fishing related plan I've had!!












Learnt a new knot...
Came across this in my online travels - a flip over leader knot which took me a bit of time to master, it's a combination of two knots the first being a sort of clinch knot in the thicker leaderline with a palomar knot from the mainline which as you tighten the leader line jumps the mainline palomar jumps over the leader line knot - awesomely strong if done right - well pleased.

http://www.btinternet.com/~kevin.l.j.knight/Flip_Over_Leader.htm

Monday 16th November
2.5 mile up town as usual. Quite quick considering it was hammering it down with rain.

Sunday 15th November
Walk up golf course first thing brought five reclaimed golf balls (good good). Swimming with Lucy at lunchtime. We notched up 21 lengths this time which was only spolit by getting a parking notice on my windscreen when I got out. Have sent an appeal letter as it was not done with malice aforethought.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam