Sunday 17 May 2009

Week from Sun 17/05/09 to Sat 23/05/09

Friday 22nd May 09
Just whizzed a few miles on slow but heavy, haven't decided whether it's coming on Holiday with me yet. That could be cool. Last night got mighty disrupted - rang brother-in-law up to see if I could borrow an SDS drill to put a hole in wall to run satellite co-ax through and he came down and did it which rather forced my hand. Had to run the co-ax thirty foot from dish, across front of house, down side and through in to dining room. Luckily rain came off. Also learnt how you do an f-connector to co-ax (a regular doddle if a spack like me can do it). Anyway, got a decent picture in the dining room now as we got a lil old £5.50 off ebay Sky Digibox giving us free-view! Cool.

Thursday 21st May 09
Steady three miles up town and back, load of weights and a wee bit of golf practice. Big Harry has given me two pieces of advice - keep your eye on the ball (I was doing a David Duval follow the clubhead sort of thing) and relax your arms a bit. Have been practicing keeping my head more still and focusing on the back of the ball but it feels way unnatural after I've had this bad habit for best part of ten years. We'll see.

Wednesday 20th May 09
Been out on the slow but comfy bike this morning. Good fun, only about five miles but doesn't matter, did a bit of golf practice as well but it was rubbish. Seriously thinking of giving it up.

Tuesday 19th May 09
Same as yesterday little three miler - doing weights and exercises at home though on top of the lil run.

Monday 18th May 09
Did a short one after yesterday's half-decent run - 3 miles up town and back was sufficient - have a bit of grief going on with my right shin that's a bit irritating.

Monday evening - finished work and made mesen get down that gym. 20 minutes of rower and then 21 mins of bike and job done enough for a monday.


Motionbased from Sunday's run
Motionbased was a pain in the butt yesterday and didn't seem to want to upload yesterday's ten mile run. When it finally gets it uploaded it says total time was 2hrs 22mins - it was nowt like that - the moving time is accurate (set off 7:15 back before 9am) so lord knows where it gets 2 hours plus from - think there's a gremlin designed to hack me off in the software. The good thing was that am back to almost 10 minute miles again at a decent distance!

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=8244264



Sunday 17th May
Start as you mean to go on. After crappest round of golf ever yesterday I thought I'd better get back on the running training properly so with Missus off out shopping at 9:30 I got out and about a little after 7am.

Did a solid 10 miles in 1hrs 44ish this morning which was okay. Particularly pleased as I picked a hilly route and ran em all including the killer hill out of Mappleton towards Thorpe. Dead pleased about that.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam