Thursday 8 January 2009

Bread Machine White Loaf Recipe with Fresh Yeast

Bread Machine White Loaf using Fresh Yeast
Can't find anything conclusive on the Internet as to using Fresh Yeast (as opposed to dried/fast yeast) in a Breadmachine so this is what I've done with my Morphy Richards (as good a bread maker as you'll ever need says I) bread machine. Ignore the fact that it looks like a bit of a bum-faced effort - that's because this particular machine uses twin kneading blades so sometimes at the end of the mixing process you get two lumps of dough rather than one great big lump of dough which gradually merge together as it rises.




Anyway here's the recipe for a basic white load using fresh yeast.

  • Get 350ml of luke warm water (I use 100ml boiling water and add 250ml of cold to it).
  • Put 3 teaspoons of white caster sugar into it.
  • Get 3 teaspoons worth of fresh yeast and put it into the water stirring it until it's a milky white yeast solutiion (takes less than a minute).
  • Pour the yeast solution into the bread pan.
  • Get 550g of white bread flour and put into the bread pan.
  • Put a table spoon of dried skimmed milk powder into the bread pan.
  • Sprinkle about half a teaspoon of salt on top of the flour.
  • Add two tablespoons of sunflower oil
  • Put on the quick bake setting and come back in a couple of hours!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's exactly the recipe I fathomed out today to get the best result from my bread machine, only I was using "granary type flour". However, I put the flour in before the water, and because I used fast bake method and the process started up immediately it didn't make one bit of difference. Excellent result.

Paul said...

It's tricky to get consistent results with fresh yeast though. I must admit.

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam