Monday 31 December 2007

Goals for 2008

  • Be a better person. I’m rubbish at being. Need to be better.
  • Stop drinking full stop or learn how to moderate it which I don’t think I can so am going to stop drinking. Should help with the above.
  • Run a half marathon – am thinking about the Great North Run which is Sunday October 5th and gives me plenty of time to do proper training. Most of the other Great Runs are 10k which is easily doable for me right now so while I might do one of those instead I think it’d be a copout. <<Achieved distance 19/01/2008>>
  • Do a sixty plus mile bike ride. Have been asked by one of our neighbours Jenny to do a sponsored bike ride for Charity – am kind of wondering how much ground I could cover in a weekend? Perhaps get on a train to somewhere and cycle back?
  • Get weight to under 14 stone.
  • Continue not smoking.
  • Learn how to play golf properly instead of putting up with a crap swing and a good short game.
  • Read more - get at least a book every other month read!

2 comments:

Vicki McLeod said...

Hi Sid/Paul

I'm the editor for One Mallorca Magazine which is an English language free magazine for the ex pats in Mallorca. I've just been working on our next edition which is on New Year's Resolutions and googled Slimmers World Mallorca and came up with your blog. I'd like to include the web address in our article about New Year's Res if that's okay with you. Please get back to me on onemallorcamagazine@gmail.com

Thanks

Vicki McLeod

Paul said...

Hi Vicki,

That's no problem, feel free to publish it's pretty much public domain anyway!

All the best
Paul

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam