Monday 3 November 2014

Monday 3rd November 2014 to Sunday 9th December 2014

Monday 3rd November 2014
Up early but bucketing down with rain so waited til 5.45 before taking dog out and getting papers. Into the office for 8.20 after some queuing on the crappy A38. Funny day at work.  New software release is doing what it's supposed to and revealing what I expected.  Nipped out at lunchtime and got some bits and bobs.  Didn't really get anything done in the evening.  I found my components tin in the shed and it's not got any of the piezo things I want in it so am going to have to get some bought on Tuesday to be ready for rehearsal on Wednesday. Watched Toast of London on C4 - not sure what the fuss is about it and why it's won awards? Anyway, off to bed late with a wee bit of whisky in me again.  Not good, need to snap out of it.

Tuesday 4th November 2014
Up at 5am.  Somebody tooted an air horn on the A515.  Bosskat reckons it's my cousin but she can't know for sure.  Anyway, parked up town, took pooch a walk then back home, ready and off to work to get there for 8am. It also turned out not to be my cousin so that's ace!  Went to Derby to get some bits for the annual Xmas racket at work. Got home.  Tea. Dog walk.  Bit of sanding and put door back on bathroom - got two more doors to asap.  Then got busy with the Alesis DM6 cymbal fix.  Took it to bits and found it was the 1/4" jack connection that was no good - think am going to have to replace it.   Bed late after more than enough whisky and a final dog walk at 10pm (she's not done her business today so we're a bit worried).  Dropped really cold today but the clear days mean we're doing better on the solar generation front (in fact after four days we've generated 25% of the November total so hopefully might pull a little bit back after a disappointing October)/

Wednesday 5th November 2014
Not mentioned it before but last week on Thursday 30th October I bought an Aves Argon DAB radio with alarm function.  As yet I've not actually heard the alarm function work as I seem to wake about 5am and switch it off so it doesn't wake everyone else up.  Got up, took dog walk as usual - have found a way to get me socks on (been struggling with my back you see) by putting whichever foot it is about three steps up the stairs and it's working quite well.  

Anyway, got the papers, got ready went to work (after emptying half the shed to get an amplifier out!  In for 8.20am - no traffic problems if I set off 10 minutes later than I have been doing. Practice was cancelled which is good as I've not got all the leads I need yet.  Anyway, went to group after work - 2.5lbs on - that because the Sober in October has finished and the Bender for November has started! Need to get a grip and best way is to get something done so I put a 10w LED PIR security light from Maplin up on Phil's shed which is something bosskat has been wanting for a while and it works a treat (which is nice).  I am going to alter it a wee bit as the wire is going to take rainwater onto the shed the way I've done it which isn't ideal.

Single LED but bright as anything and only 10W power being consumed


Thursday 6th November 2014
Up before the alarm clock again - have had it a week now and still haven't heard the alarm tone!! ?It's called  an AVES Argon and has a port for charging an IPOD/IPHONE which I'll never use but am not overly bothered about that. There was a choice for one just the same without the port but as the price for the more expensive model in BM Bargains was the same I thought I might as well have that one.  The sound quality is really good but although it finds Radio Derby it won't ever play it which is a bit of a pain.

Anyway such is life.   Up at 5.30, dog walked, breakfast, into the office. Jobs getting done.

Friday 7th November 2014
The usual!  Bit of decorating. All good stuff.

Saturday 8th November 2014
Up dead early as always.  Dog walked papers fetched. Piccy B.  No footie - raining too hard.  No golf neither, not really bothered.   Decorating to do.  Getting the job done.  Watched Doctor Who - a really odd ending I couldn't help but think.

Sunday 9th November 2014
Up early.  Dog walked. Polished shoes.  Decorating.  Put curtain rail up in Phil's bedroom.  Painted wood skirting board down stairs and one bannister.  Missus put hand on bannister - sand and repeat!  All coming along nicely. Lots of do walks - scraped car first thing so damn cold.  Took a picture from top of the little hill over the field from our house - was amazed at the size of the Leylandi (no idea how it's spelled hedge next to Denise and Paul's House!

Central heating on for second time at night! Did some soldering to fix one cymbal and make a new one for the Alesis DM6 Drumkit I bought for £60 but will probably end up costing me about £80 - which is not bad if it all works okay!

Get the size of that Leylandi Hedge thing







No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam