Monday 24 March 2014

Monday 24th March 2014 to Sunday 31st March 2014

Monday 24th March 2014
Went to bed really early last night and consequently woke up silly o'clock but I had to as was absolutely bone tired. Anyway, up at 5:20am (made sure the lad was up at 4.20 too) took dog up town -4 degrees centigrade the car said this morning or bloody cold in layman's terms.  Got papers, got back, watered the indoor estate and off to work early.  Have another visit to the Osteopath's this morning to get the knee lasered.


Am umming and ahing about another big run this weekend - there are some who say should be tapering down from now on in but would sooner have the confidence of having done a big run in my head.

However, I've also had a bit of a think about the difference between my training runs and the actual Marathon course.  These are the gradient profiles from my last training run and from the London marathon:
This is my 23rd March training run gradient profile with scale going from 500 to a 1000 feet

This is London Marathon gradient profile with the scale going from 0 to 50m 
I wonder whether I should stop panicing and just relax a bit? It's going to be pretty damn flat in comparison to where I've been training.

After normal work I went to Diane Copling's group in Kirkby-in-Ashfield which was good - found some problems and have recommended some solutions.   Got to bed at 10pm so all in all not too bad a day.


Tuesday 25th March 2014
Up at 4.22 to get the boy up, then up at 4.30 to make him get up.  Then up at 5:45 to take dog out and fetch papers what a miserable sort of a day.  Got to work for just after 8am - all going fairly well so far. Few jobs at home in the evening but not much to report.  Bad day for solar generation.

Wednesday 26th March 2014
Up at the crack of dawn to wake Phil up.   Back to bed then up at 5:40.  Dog walked and papers fetched by 6:40.  Changed and ready for a quick run and quick run it was.  The Jantastic target for March for me was 3 miles in under 30 minutes and I've been struggling with the iffy knee but I gave myself a mental kick up the back passage and went for it.



Managed to get round in 29mins 39seconds so mission accomplished!   Arch of my left foot hurting a bit but stuff it - it's marathon time in just over a fortnight so it might as well get used to it.  Into the office for just after 8.30 so everything ticking over nicely. Good day at work, meeting with IT Team in the afternoon, off to Hollie's group after work - 4.5lbs off, if could get a similiar result for next week I'd be in a much happier place for the marathon - keep on boring on I reckon!


Thursday 27th March 2014
4.23am woke Phil up so he could get off to work.  Back to bed, 5:30 and Lily started barking so got up got walk done and papers fetched early doors.  Got back, got changed, got out for another run.   This was just a bit of a jog round at a steadier pace but again better than it's been of late so well-pleased with it.  Pace was 10:25 miles which I'm happy with.  All good stuff. Feeling better about things now - have just had a look at my weight record from 2010 and two weeks before the 2010 Marathon I was only two pounds lighter than I was at group yesterday.  Therefore, I just need to put in another two good weeks and I might just be able to get to where I was on April 25th 2010!    It would be even better if could get a little bit lower which would be a cracker of a confidence booster!

Friday 28th March 2014
Day off work, up early, dog walked, papers fetched, car loaded, off to Anglesey. Got settled. in fire burning, bait dug, ready to fish!  First night caught a whiting and a dogfish, our Andrew had a coalfish, a rockling and a few whiting.  I had a whiting and a first for us from Church Bay - a bull buss (which is a greater spotted dogfish).
Winter storms made a mess of the slipway.

The Bull Huss what I caught!

L'il Rockling

One of many wee whitings

Saturday 29th March 2014
Exactly a year since we lost Pippy D, miss that wee dog so much.  Up fairly early - 6am'ish and then off running.  Only did 17.28 miles as was sick of the damn rain and not knowing quite where I was!
Traditional Windmill near Llanddeusant

Wind turbines a couple of miles on!

We went for a rock climb to a mark near Porth Dafarch - not the sort of place I'd usually climb down to and not great when you've got a knackered knee.  Such is life!  Me and our Andrew both caught small whitings but nothing else - still a nice spot - I should have got a picture.

Fished the usual beach from 8:30 until a bit after 11pm - more whiting as well as a rockling for me and a pouting for our Andrew - a first for us on this beach.  No bass though which was a shame.

Sunday 30th March 2014
Up at 6:30.  Stuff tidied up, stuff packed away.  Walk down to the beach to ring the missus.  Said goodbye to Church Bay again for a bit.  Our Andrew up about 10am off home by 11.20.
Saying ta-ra to Ynys Mon!

Back home by 2:40pm.  Some tomatoes potted, some dried out - should have got bosskat to water em - never mind.   Dog walked round the 1.5 mile loop




15/13

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam