Sunday 18 August 2013

Sunday 18th August 2013 to Saturday 26th August 2013

Sunday 18th August 2013
The day of reckoning arrives.  Up at 4am - got Phil up.  Back to bed, up at 6.20, took dog out, got ready went at 7.20 to do .... the Belper Rugby Rover.  Nearly killed me but I think I ran it better than last year.  For those who don't know what the Rugby Rover is let me tell you it's 18 miles of up hill pain. 4hrs 19mins to finish it which I feel is better than last year - can't find last year's time but it'll be somewhere.


Somewhere over top of Blackbrook looking back towards Turnditch (I think)


Crich Stand in the distance - this was about ten miles in, I reckon
This was me after 11 miles carrying too much weight and looking thoroughly knackered - it didn't change really in the next seven miles!!!

I think this guy is the probable winner - he sailed past us in Ambergate Wood and didn't seem to be breaking a sweat!





Monday 19th August 2013
Up early but only 6am as Phil's not on early earlies.  Took pooch to get papers - all good stuff.  Off to work nice and early.  Did a bit of a workout in the Gym 

Tuesday 20th August 2013
Other than taking dog walk in morning I got nowt done.  Slimming World best of british party at Derbyshire Hotel in the evening so did that and so to bed. 

Wednesday 21st August 2013
Up early. Pooch walked to get papers. Into work good and early.  Bit of a workout in the Gym then off to support Tanya Tuck in her group at Mansfield.  

Have got a Garmin 210 on a special offer from Sweathshop - think it was £120 in total.   So trying that out. Took pooch for a walk then a bit of golf practice

Thursday 22nd August 2013
Up early.  Walked the dog.   

Pooch approaching at speed!


Into work good and early.  Visiting groups in Hatton and Rocester this evening.  All good. 

Friday 23rd August 2013
Up early.  Dog walked.  Visited Hollie's Belper Group (with pooch).  Visited work with Pooch to get some paperwork sent off.   Got back a bit late but tee'd off at about 11:35 with my dad.  A steady round with a few pars and a beer afterwards, all good stuff. 

Saturday 24th August 2013
After hardly playing any golf this summer I've had two rounds in two days.  Played 18 with Doug, 29 points scored so not exactly to handicap but good fun and honours even when all said and done.  We were all square on the 18th tee with Doug having two shots and me only one.  He was at side of green in three, I was close to green in two, he chipped to 12 foot, I chipped to 10 foot, he drops a 12 foot putt in to put pressure on me (the thought of paying out a pound, cold sweat and all that), so I dropped my 10 footer in - all square and a parr on the last is always fun. 


16/6.5

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam