Sunday 10 March 2013

Saturday 9th March 2013 - Grindleford Gallop


Saturday 9th March 2013 - Grindleford Gallop
There were supposed to be a gang of four of us running the Gallop this year but a ridiculously inaccurate weather forecast scared a lot of folks off which meant Kathryn didn't show this year.  So me, John Pusey (my boss!) and Andy Warburton from web and design took on the challenge.   John had trained up to 11 miles and Andy up to 12 miles so as there was the chance of it being a struggle we did the Kathryn Briggs shortcut at the start of running up the road rather than over the other side of the valley it knocks only a couple of tenths off the total distance so you're still looking at 21 miles.   Weather was nippy and wet at times but nothing like the forecast.   John and me got round in 5 hours 16mins which is my slowest gallop with Andy finishing a bit later.  We hung about for a picture together at the end which was kindly done by a chap who was doing proper photos and did us a nice job, I think. 

The Grindleford Gallop Route
Froggatt Edge

Chatsworth House with a distinct lack of snow!


Me in me snazzy running gear - not been run over yet wearing it!

Monsal Head in the Distance


John Pusey - 19 miles in and 2 to go

Half a mile to go! Dropping down through Hay Wood




No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam