Monday 19 September 2011

Sunday 18th September 2011 to Saturday 25th September 2011

Saturday 23rd September 2011
Sort of woke up around 7am to the sound of a scooter exiting the premises!! Phil off to work and I didn't even need to get up! Yay. Morning steady, wanted to bore out a Ping 3-Wood this morning but I reckon I've overdone it. Will see. Am going to fill it with Epoxy to see if I can rescue it but not looking promising!

Played golf with John at noon. Brilliant front nine, average back nine went out in 38 and came back in 47 I think for an 85. Stats below - have used the FreeCaddie Pro software I paid a few dollars for. It gives me yardages, measure shots, allows me to download most golf courses I've played. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/117173112





Friday 23rd September 2011
Tried the diversion this morning wierdly it seems it's slightly longer than I'd thought. 10.01miles where it's normally 9.98 so can't work that out! Anyway it cuts out one set of traffic lights and a roundabout and it seemed quicker in terms of time although I ought to check that really.


Another Shortcut - The Leabrooks Diversion!
Not actually tried this as yet but I've sort of checked out a bit of it! Anyway in my never ending quest to keep flattening the route and remove any unnecessary hills I've come across this one for tomorrow!

What's cool about it? Firstly it chops off 120 metres which isn't much but it's making it shorter. Second, it gets rid of 12 foot of uphill-ness. The coup de grace though (with no accents) is that it means I can turn off before hitting those traffic lights next to the Co-op! Anyway will see if it makes a difference tomorrow.

Below: the Leabrooks Diversion



Below: The usual route is the simple route up Krays Hill and then along the main road, stopping at the lights.





Thursday 22nd September 2011
As had bike all warmed up I thought I'd do a Cycle2Work today. It means I've got to get off bang on 5pm so that I can be home in good time for badminton lesson tonight. Anyway I went dead steady as my legs seem to be absolutely knackered at the minute. Good news is that for the fourth time in succession I cycled all the way up the hill through Pentrich and onto the top. It's a good test for the old legs and definitely better when you're going home and down it!

Pounded back to Belper in 41 minutes, at Badminton lesson in mighty good time.


Wednesday 21st September 2011
Hadn't mentioned this before but it was beginning to become a crisis. After putting up new shed on Saturday I mislaid the set of keys for my shed which has got my bike in it. So got up early this morning to try and find em so I can get back on my Cycle2Work park and ride roadshow.
Anyway by 7am I'd still not found em so went and got papers. Got back and had a feel down the side of Uncle Peter's chair as we call it and found not the lost keys but a spare key to the padlock. What's the chances of that? - probably not that low but I was chuffed. It means tomorrow I'll be able to go on bike again.

Put front light fitting onto Boardman, and then went for a spin to test it out, just 7 miles in the dark and the rain but it's seomthing!



Tuesday 20th September 2011
Run up town and back v tired but got back to sub 10 min miles.
Went to Ursula's group after work which was good, got home at 10pm. There was a member there lost 10st - tiny slip of a girl, bless her - how could she be 10st heavier? Amazing.

Monday 19th September 2011
Got up on time. 5 mile run, v tired quate slow.
Phil passed his tractor test then proceeded to drive into our fence with the bleedin tractor. So that's given him something to do this weekend - put a concrete post and two panels in to replace the ones he's knackered.

Sunday 18th September 2011
Did pretty much naff-all all day really. Bit of baking in the morning, bit of car cleaning in the morning, car washing in the afternoon. Fetching Lucy who did 50 laps in BHF sponsored thing.


No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam