Monday 1 August 2011

Sunday 31st July 2011 to Saturday 6th August 2011


Golf Analysis
I output the watch data from the golf last night and put it into a bit of software called GPS MapEdit (or something like that). The figures are a bit skewed by the fact that I hit five good drives off the fifth hole as the light was going but overall average was 231 yards with all of them going at least 200 yards which I'm happy with.


Friday 5th August 2011
Got up a bit late - 6:10am - last day at work for a bit so thought had better be in nice and early. Arrived at 8:12 to be sent to the gravel pit to park! "The gravel pit? at 8:12?" I said, don't you know who I am? anyway parked in the gravel pit. Before that though I had a bit of a spin on the bike which was okay. Details.

Thursday 4th August 2011
Was going to Cycle2Work however weather and a lack of mudguards on either of me good bikes dictated that it wasn't to be. So went a quick run up town and back in rain to get papers. Just sneaking under 10 minute miles still so not end of world even though I need to get my arse into gear weight wise. Details.

Went up the golf course to test out the driver with the callaway shaft cut down a wee bit - it worked a treat although didn't feel as solid as with the short shaft it did go nicely - cut the corner on the 18th, went over the bunker on the corner of the 1st, hit it as far down the fifth as I ever have, hit it past the little rise on the fourth - I hit six shots off the fifth to finish with five of which were within twenty yards of each other so I might just measure them see how far they went!

Wednesday 3rd August 2011
Just a spin up town to fetch papers on new bike. Details. Did a bit of work on the new driver project - it's now fitted to a Callaway System 50 firm shaft - if anything seems too bloomin long now! Did quite a bit this evening - went up to Halfords to fetch the leccy bike which has been in for repair. Still hate it. Never mind. Weeded and watered garden. Went up golf course at about 8:45 to try driver out - shaft broke on second hit - not good. So came back, cut the tip off and tried again. Will probably test out on Thursday.


Tuesday 2nd August 2011
Got up fairly early ran up town and back in a bit of a loop for 3.5 miles at just over 10 minute miles. Which I'm okay with. Details Burn leg held up well although a little bit stingy as I write this a couple of hours later...

Monday 1st August 2011
First week of August. Still got the dodgy burn and it's still weeping - got a follow-up appointment tonight. Road up town and back to fetch papers. Details Got to appointment about five minutes late but apparently there's 10 mins either side leeway when I rang to say I was running late.

Sunday 31st July 2011
Up right early. Off to pick me dad up. Then to Derby, catch train to Nottingham, walk to Trent Bridge for Test Match. After two days where both sides been bowled out in under 270 runs, England were to sit there all day losing five wickets but getting the score up to 441-6 at close of play. Was a top day out apart from seats being more than a bit uncomfortable - sun was shining, couldn't have beer due to driving but sneaked a pint at lunchtime which was probably a good thing looking at all the drunk toss pots there were round us. anyway a good day was had by all, back home for 7:30.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam