Saturday 1 January 2011

2011 Start as you mean to go on!

Saturday 8th January 2011
Up fairly early went for a run up town and back - really poor - dead tired, no go such is life. 10:39am teed off up at the golf club for first 18 holes in about 6 or 7 weeks. Played the new winter league format at Ashbourne Golf Club. Started off great - a very average drive but a lovely 5-iron to four foot on the first green for a three! Can't start better than a birdie, between us me and John had four birdies on the front nine for a nett 30, five under par. We ended up with a nett 65 for our best result thus far - maybe we need more snow. I don't think so!

Friday 7th January 2011
Last night of the Ashes last night, after going for a thrash at Badminton in which I played okay, I think. settled down to wait for the England victory only for rain to stop play so an early night for a change. Up at 5:30 this morning, obviously we won which was nice. Only did a quick run up town and back but better than nothing. Tested my new headlight out and it worked admirably.

Thursday 6th January 2011
Went to bed 12:45 last night couldn't see Australia getting England out anytime soon so what's the point! Got up 4:45 saw England get the new lad and Clarke out, did some work fixing a friend's laptop (typing this on it actually) then going to be going out for a short straight up town and back run at 6:20 (short because am back to Badminton tonight and that knackers me on it's own!!).


Wednesday 5th January 2011
Did same as yesterday went bed about 8pm, up again at 11pm, watching ashes til silly o'clock, back to bed, up at 2:30 coz our super-early doors milkman can't seem to shut the damn gate, checked score and Cook and Bell still sticking around piling on the runs. Back to bed and then up at 5am watched a bit more before doing the old five mile run - still a rubbish time (link to follow later) but at least the mileage is getting done - something like 25 miles done this week so far - which is quate good in my book.

Tuesday 4th January 2011
Went to bed early to get up at 11pm for the ashes, watched til 1:30 in the morning and we were making good progress. Was surprised to see two tail-enders putting on 90 runs but such is life, got up at 5am and saw first two wickets for England drop in rapid succession which was a bit irritating but we're still in a not too bad position going into the third day - I'd be darned surprised if it don't end up being a draw. Anyway, 6:15 set off and ran up town and back at a steadyish sort of a pace but got absolutely jiggered after first mile - still better than nowt. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/61953031


Monday 3rd January 2011
Bring it on - another six miler this morning. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/61740831
10:37 pace with some decent hills involved so quite pleased with that.

In afternoon did nine holes of social golf with John. Steady stuff shot 45 after starting off with two double bogies, then bogeyed every hole up to last hole which I parred which was nice. Details are here: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/61777223



Sunday 2nd January 2011
Did one of my favourite routes this morning - through Okeover Park and round through Ashbourne, picking up paper and back to base. A little over 6 miles, not particularly fast at 10:48 but first two miles were hell on me legs reducing me to walking a bit after first mile but to keep it under 11min miles with some walking's acceptable for the shape I'm in at the minute. It'll do for me.



Saturday 1st January 2011 Happy New Year! Got up at 4am to take Phil to work - seemed nice conditions, mild, no wind, no ice poifect for running I thought. Got togged up, opened door, drizzling so went back got baseball cap and out for a run. Solid stuff too - started off with a 5.8miles at 10:35 pace run. Which last April I would have said was rubbish but as I'm so out of shape it's unreal at the moment that's not a bad run for me. Not going to beat myself up with stupid targets but am going to do best to put mileage in than I have been doing. Janette's friend Linda has fitted me new Strap to the Garmin so am tracking my runs again hence the link. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/61354630

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam