Wednesday 13 October 2010

Sunday 10th October 2010 to Saturday 16th October 2010

Saturday 16th October
Lie-in, didn't get up til nearly 7am. Quick run up town and back, steady sub-10 min miles. Washed both cars early doors before Missus went shopping.
Then fixed the carp rod that he in his wisdom tried to pump a 4oz lead with and broke the spigot in the middle. It'll need a bit of tape but I reckon it'll do a job with floats and light spinning when we go to Bull Bay again. Bad news today is me golf buddy John has got flu so golf is off. Never mind, I'm playing crap anyway - handicap up to 18. So made up some more rigs for next fishing trip - 4 Wessex Rigs (details) and a single clip-down rig which has a SRT spring and one of those clips that hook sits on til it hits the water and is then released. Sign of my age that I can't remember what they're called to save my life. It might come to me later. It didn't come to me however, using the power of the internet I found it on Breakway Tackle's website - it's called an impact shield. That's the scary thing these days how much I can't remember. I don't feel old but am definitely getting older which is better than the alternative.

Friday 15th October
Absolutely cream crackered again - my fault though - watched First Blood, the first Rambo film til half past midnight so only self to blame. Walked up town, ran the last mile back. Badminton on Thursday night didn't help but learned a new shot which was good - the reverse no less. It'll take some time before it's anything like natural. Put a pound and a half on last night a group - that's the back lash from a fortnight ago.

Thursday 14th October 2010

Made the mistake of switching on the PC before heading out - it instantly went into slow-mo mode and took bloomin ages to get going so it was gone 6:20 before I hit the road. Which meant i had to run solid all the way up town and back with no slacking - under 10min/miles I think but the darned watch hasn't updated Garmin Connect yet so I'll have to wait and see what it says tonight. Group and Badmo later. All good.

Meant to mention took all the apples off our little apple tree (think they're called ballerina apple trees). Any way. there were rucks on the poor tree, a good tub-full even after windfall taken away!



Wednesday 13th October 2010

Run up town and back slowly first thing, into office for 8:25. Fun and games no doubt today.

Tuesday 12th October 2010
Did a run up town and back in the morning. Got home from work and had to go back as someone had turned up for an interview that I thought was on the wednesday, such is life.

Monday 11th October 2010
Just a two mile loop in the evening.

Sunday 10th October 2010
Not much to report. Did a load of fishing tackle sorting. Fetched a chair and removed a chair for Janette's disabled brother. Ran to Sides Mill and back to see if any chestnuts about - not many too early I reckon. That's aboot it.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam