Saturday 29 December 2007

Tick Tock

Tick tock, two days til 40...
Time is counting away towards imminent 40-ness and if I'm honest am not overly happy about it. It's even affecting my blood pressure which has rocketed in the last 2 days, something over 90 yesterday and 146 over 100 this morning. Not happy at all.

On the plus side though have just read Robert Crampton's column in the times who is someone I've always had time for (no pun intended) and in his annual stats he's only done 2600 miles on his bike over the year. I know I've got at least 3200 in the bag (full stats to be updated for big Birthday post). So that's one up on Crampton. Only thing is that he does a lot of football so there is a balancing point. Anyway don't think I'd have compared my exertions to his at all 12 months ago so that's got to be good.

Am off to golf shortly, did a few miles on bike this morning but didn't get up til nearly 7am so not much time to put a lot of mileage is and am generally being lazy at the moment. Am going to have a mad rush come the new year. Have some new goals that are achievable if I work hard. And I can work hard. Wait for the big post.

Golf Update
First loss of the winter season to Max Lee and his partner Paul Harrison. They played well, I didn't even turn up really. Had a few pars going round but I also lost three balls on 8th, 9th and 12th and generally played absolutely crap which was a real shame cause John played really well for much of the round. Felt like a 28 handicap hacker out there today - it's this 40 thing I tell ya!

Cycling Update.
Have got 8 more miles to do to meet the 70 mile goal. Have got slow but comfy bike out and lubed the chain as it's not been on the road since before Xmas day but the bloomin rain has started pouring so am waiting for a gap and then am going to tick that one off for the week. Have done no running but did two good gym sessions. Am also doing loads of press-ups at home too. Generally am pleased on the exercise front if not on the golf front.



Cycling Update 2

Went out and did the eight miles. Was a right old pain as half the time was riding into a bloomin gale which I can tell you is damned hard work. Never mind it got the job done. So 1 goal out of three done.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam