Thursday 6 December 2007

Thursday Post - Early Gym Session

Week 41 Weigh-in Gutted.
Felt like I’d been pretty good this week something gong wrong BIG style (had a drink on Friday night might have something to do with it) but still, to put 3lbs on in a bloody week is crushing, absolutely crushing.

I can honestly say I’ve never, ever been fitter - am shifting bigger weights, running further, faster, rowing quicker, doing pressups aplenty and it seems putting weight on like no-ones business to boot . Well hacked off today. Not the end of the world but pretty close. On positive side have got the bikes back so if the bloody rain ever stops I’ll get out and put some bike miles on the clock. Naffed off right now though.




Look at the damned incline - it all feels a bit uphill at the moment.

Three Gym sessions completed
Phoned Lumbards yesterday and both bikes ready so am hoping to pick them up after work. With that in mind and an old friend's funeral tomorrow it looked as if I'd not get the three gym sessions done this week. However, as I don't need to fetch papers on a Thursday I came into the Gym at 6:40 ace. What's even acer about it though is that I did 30 mins at 10.6 which is faster than ever before and a little bit longer. And found that at 10.6 the kcals burned is slightly better than distance covered (it irritates me) i.e. 4.5km = 460kcal not 4.5km = 448kcal sort of thing - actually did 5.45 this morning which again I think is a Siddall world record.

Gym member of the month - November 07
As if all that wasn't enough I got member of the month at the gym and my picture on the board for fourteen attendances (1 short of gold award, bugger). Which was good!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul your starting to put yourself down for not loosing week in week out. I've plateaued now too for the last few months. Plus 2 kg doesn't bother me but 3 Kg does.
Your doing a lot more running than I do and it is the fastest way to get the heartrate up.
Treat yourself to a roadbike, the differnce is like night and day.
Your in the same situation I am something has got to change for you to acheive your target. I'll be cutting back on the booze after the New Year.
I think half the battle is not trying to clear the shelves because the shops are shut for a day.
Start taking stock of what you've done but look forward to next year.
My next challenge is unknown at the moment but I am going to set the bar high rather than set it low and achieve nothing.
Don't despair, it's known to be a tough time at the moment.
At the rate your going they are going to recruit you as a Slimming World consultant. At least you will have the benifit of thr exercise program to pass on.
Regard,s
Frank.

Paul said...

Hi Frank,

Nice too hear from you. Was having a look at your blog the other day, new Garmin looks interesting.

I always self-crititicise a bit over the top (am Capricorn and have a tendancy to over-worry), I'd be happy if I was plateauing but it's more of an incline that I don't seem to be able to flatten out these last few weeks.

Have got a Giant FCR1 coming in early January (although very nearly bought a Peugeot roadbike a day or three ago).

Take care and have a happy Christmas if I don't speak to you before. Thanks very much for the comment!

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam