Sunday 9 December 2007

Only happy when it rains??

Only happy when it rains??
I don't think so. Sick to me back teeth of rain. Golf cancelled, Lucy's rugby cancelled, have managed to put Xmas lights on tree outside during a brief respite but am not well-pleased at the minute.

Xmas Lights All Up
When got lights up I realised there weren't enough of em so went back to Uttoxeter and got anothe pack - 480 leds on tree outside - ace eh!

A Gap in the Weather
Seemed to be staying dryish this afternoon so went for a bit of a ride out on Slow but Comfy. Computer says 18 miles but it should be well over twenty, I couldn't be botherered to wait for the GPS to get its bearings so the start point is about a mile from home and there was a point when I rang Janette to say I'd be later than planned but then forgot to start the timer which makes it look like I rode in a dead straight line for about three miles which of course I didn't - went through Blore and down into Mappleton which was a nice nippy windy road - good fun but the start was all hills - check the elevation chart on the image below. Anway at least got out on the bike for a bit so am a bit happier now! Wish I'd took a camera with me as the view from above Blore was absolutely brilliant. Might have to do it again in a week or two and take a camera with me!


Above is route fed into BikeRouteToaster.com - an excellent tool

On motionbased.com it looks likes 18.3 miles because of not starting/stopping/starting timer properly.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam