Sunday 16 December 2007

Cocked up at Golf!

Winter League Golf
Me and John played a pair called Mark and Dave today and got to 17th tee, 2-up with just two holes to play. We couldn't lose and only had to half one hole to win. So what did we do? Lost both of em! Still, we're undefeated this winter league with 4.5 out of 5 so that's not too bad and I'd hazard a bet that we're still top of the league come tomorrow. In terms of conditions I hit one or two shots to be proud of, they'd hit the green bounce twenty foot up in the air and then disappear over the other side of the green so it's not easy to play golf sometimes in winter but that said we still should have won. Pah.

Ashbourne to Darley Dale on Slow and Comfy Bike
I got straight off after golf and cycled 18 miles to me mum and dads on slow and comfy bike which was something like 1200 calories worth - will check it for real when I connect the Garmin up to a computer. Took an hour and a half and a bit to do 18 miles so just under 12mph average I think which isn't bad on slow but comfy with all them hills between Ashbourne and Darley Dale.


Image from www.ashbournegolfclub.co.uk showing Paul Siddall and John Hitchcock being the new leaders !! Not going to last long so good idea to take a screen shot I thought!!!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam