Friday 14 December 2007

Friday post - Breathalysed?

Blimey have had a funny day. Did ten miles or so on bike this morning - couldn't really get going as it was a bit cold. I did a great session in the gym this evening notched the treadmill up a tenth to 11.3km.h for 25 minutes (sort of struggled a bit but still did it). Did 2500 metres on bike in just under 10mins 30secs which was nice.

And then it got wierd. Had a shower, set off for home, got pulled up and breathalysed!! Did you know you have a headlight out said the nice copper, I need to check the rest of your lights. Fair enugh I thought, then bad cop (who tells me his name is Matt when he decides I'm not George Best's old drinking buddy) say driving with a headlight is a road traffic offence and as such I can ask you to take a breathalyser test, which I'm going to. He then does the reading of my rights if you don't do the test you're nicked etc.etc. and then gets the breathalyser kit which as you'd expect comes up negative.

He finished off saying my name's matt and tell your mates we'll be stood in our big yellow coats pulling folks up all over Xmas so put the message about we're breathalysing people so don't even think about drinking and driving. Which was fair enough I suppose but it all kind of came over surreal.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam