Sunday 21 October 2007

Oriana - life on board

Life on board a P&O Cruiseship like Oriana is bloomin great. They have loads of places to eat and drink for all sorts of diets and tastes - have to hold hands up and say I have not been food optimising at all on this cruise. I've partaken of delightful beer of three (pint of Stella Artois was £2.50 at time of writing - better than my local). I've partaken of food that normally I wouldn't be eating - in fact it's fair to say that on the cruise if there was a sensible choice to take I pretty much avoided it!!! But you gotta have a break every once in a while.
There's loads of facilities to entertain - shows, comedians, quizzes, music, art - everything you can imagine. There's a number of swimming pools and sun-decks (weather not ideal on this trip!), there's a gym, badminton courts, basketball, there's hair and beauty facilities and massages and all sorts.

There's quoits and shuffleboard which is worth mentioning. Bumped into John on Friday who said he fancied a go at quoits and I'd overheard David mention an interest so we all got together and gave it go. I was paired up with John's partner Chris, David was partnered up with another guest, John was partnered up with the Entertainment officer to make the numbers up. Janette was partnered up with a gentleman called Gordon, and David's wife Sarah was partnered with another guest. Anyway to cut a long story short (well it's going on a bit I must admit) the final in the shuffleboard competition came down to Janette and Gordon taking on John and Dom (Entertainment Officer). And guess what? Janette took the honours and is unofficial Shuffleboard champion of Autumn Getaway cruise 2007!!


Janette - unofficial Shuffleboard champion 2007


Utter concentration as John stares shuffleboard defeat in the face...


Gordon, half of the team that beat John!!!

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam