Saturday 14 June 2008

New Record for Week Set Early Doors

Thought last weeks mileage was good but have upped the ante again and done a total of 42.8 miles with an average pace of 9:24 which is ok. I meant to do a few miles last night to top it up to 40 but was in a bit of a mood after the miserable so-and-so's at the District Council didn't let me off a parking fine after a genuine mistake was made when my fleet car was swapped over at work and the parking permit not swapped over at the same time. Have a good mind to pay it em in 1ps or something. Anyway it's all pay, pay, pay at the moment with insurance excesses and what have you but such is life. I ended up doing 5 miles this morning as I knew PJ wouldn't be up. He's not up now as am writing this the sleepy little toad. When he's up we're biking up town to get papers and baking stuff. Have my eye on a breadmaker on Ebay too, don't think the one I've borrowed off me mum and dad has got enough oomphf to it.


This week's running record. 43.8 miles, 9:24/mile pace
Today was supposed to be a rest day and I've got 6 mile of golf coming up at lunch time so am going to have to be careful on how far I run Sunday morning!
Golf
Went okay, no comp so me John and Doug played for the traditional poond. 3/4 Handicap stableford. I went birdie, double bogey, bogey, par, par, par, bogey, par, triple bogey for front nine then birdie, triple bogey, triple bogey, par, par, par, par, par, n/r for the back nine. Took the money, played okay and found out a major fault I need to work on. Can't play a ball from a hanging lie. Am sure I'm not the only one so I'll get to work on that when time permits.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam