Saturday 5 January 2008

End of Christmas

20:10 Times Health Club



I always enjoy the Saturday Times and since started getting a bit healthier have been reading the 'Body and Soul' supplement. Well, Times are launching a get healthy online thing so I've signed up to see what it does (as you do!). No Slimming World group in there so I had to set one of those up as well. Not to worry it looks sort of interesting although I must admit it has similarities to the Nicquitin Stop Smoking website thing I did back last July which I didn't stick with very long - although have not touched cigarettes for over six months so it might be viewed as being very successful!!! http://www.timeshealth.co.uk/42_37_0.html


14:00 Is the answer in a book somewhere?
Have just been looking at http://www.whsmiths.co.uk/ as I've been given some vouchers to spend there for my birthday. Am amazed at the sheer quantity of books on how to lose weight - there's dozens and dozens. However, can't help mentioning that since I've been on Food Optimising and the exercise trip and lost four stone I don't think I've finished more than two books (that's two books in 11 months) and can't even name those so it might be less or even none at all. The answer is to seek help from them that knows - http://www.slimming-world.com/
and as one of those books says "get off your a**e and lose weight" which I'm taking to mean "get into exercise" - in my view it helps!

13:40 Support for the NHS, Royal Mail and UK in General...
Mentioned yesterday that I'd had the retinopathy screening at St Oswalds Hospital, Ashbourne and that I'd now have to wait to hear from Derby City Hospital as to the results. Well, in these days of everyone slagging the NHS off I've received a letter back from the NHS that says my eye photographs are satisfactory and that I'll be invited back next year for another. Bloody quick that - pictures in laptop early Friday morning, looked at in Derby sometime Friday and then letter in post before end of day. Top marks to Royal Mail who've got that letter delivered in under a day. God we're good at stuff in this country!! Wonder why we're always moaning about stuff?




Garmin Training Center printout

9:30 Bike Goal Done

Did 7 miles on old Giant this morning to complete the bike stats. On the image above it looks like there's only 56.45 miles but that doesn't include the 14 miles on 02/01/08 when the pesky GPS decided it had no battery charge in it.


08:00 End of Christmas

Cripes, it's flown by this year but have been notified that I'm taking the outside lights down today so that's the end of that for another year. Got up really late this morning at 8am. Blood pressure is 130/88/59 still higher than I'd like it.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam