Thursday 9 August 2007

Shock, horror, on hols weight disaster!


Shock, horror, on hols weight disaster!
For only the second time in the past 24 weeks I’ve had a weight-gain. But this is no ordinary weight gain! This is a 3.5lb alcohol-fuelled nightmare of a weight gain (wonder if Marks and Sparks would consider using some of my marketing ideas, note to self – make a call, no ordinary call to M&S on return to Blighty).
I managed to attend a very, very exclusive group as a visitor yesterday (I could not possibly talk about it in detail, don’t you know) and could not believe the gain – was utterly floored by it. Think that’s because I’ve decided that I’m magic at Food Optimising and that even out here I’ll keep losing weight by magic. Well now I’ve had my reality checked (must have someone have a look at my sanity next!) it’s magic but it requires the magician to exert some control.

Just goes to show the impact that demon Alcohol has. I’ve been thinking I’ve been pretty good – always ordered a diet coke for first drink, haven’t had more than a pint with a meal out. The problem is too many sherberts sat out on the balcony so from today am going to start reining it in. Am off for a walk in a mo while everyone’s asleep (am writing this at 6am BST or 7am Spanish time – have had a rethink on the running front as my shins (not the knees this time) are killing me in the mornings!!), have not cracked the internet access bit yet – can see two secured wireless networks but without the WEP key they’re useless to me. Not to worry, might nip off at lunchtime for a coffee at Cappucino’s on Paseo Del Mar, or drive down to Portals and nip into Mood Beach Bar so I can grab a bit of bandwidth!
Right now I should be thinking about Derby County’s upcoming start to their Premiership campaign on Saturday but now I’m thinking about damage limitation and Food Optimising big style.
.
Always finish on a positive note I say – “Have had zero cigarettes!”, which is nice! But three and a half pounds on (it’s half a point’s worth of BMI and makes me 13lbs away from my target, aaaagghhh (not quite a positive finish but let’s see what happens next week – in a way it is positive as I could be getting back to UK a stone heavier and feeling right back where I started so in a way I’ve nipped it in the bud hopefully).

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam