Sunday 19 August 2007

190807 Garmin Update








Took Janette's bike out for a spin tonight to have a quick play with the Garmin Edge 205. Had read the manual while coming home on the plane - very dull read. For those not in the know - the Edge 205 is a gps based logging device for recording bike data in order for you to monitor and improve one's performance on bikes and what have you. The Edge comes with some software called Training Center and while I don't know the half of what it does I'm well impressed so far. The graph in the bottom shot shows where all the fast bits were on tonights short route (Janette's bike is too small and kills my knees!), when you click on a spike it shows you on the map above it where that bit of speed came on the run - blooming magic - well impressed so far - just wait til I understand how you use the information!! - I know it also does gradient profiling so I'll have a look at that tomorrow night maybe.

Don't expect too many cycling posts this week - Janette's rear derailleur's gone dodgy and my bike is in the repair shop - I seem to be forever picking a bike up and dropping one off at the repair shop - Lombards Garage in Ashbourne by the way. No website link for them but they're on Compton in the middle of Ashbourne should you need anything cycle related while in town.

No comments:

NOTE: I don't do anonymous comments - too much spam